Sunday, February 16, 2020

Ruth Miller Came to Visit!

This week during my FYE, Ruth Miller came to visit. She is a tour guide and historian of Charleston and the lowcountry.  Also, she has written several books. 

Personally, I really enjoyed her presentation. Being from Charleston, I find history extremely fascinating, and getting to learn about all of the rich history of Charleston was very cool. 

Many of the things she said I hadn't heard before, and she kept me intrigued the entire time. I thought it was really interesting because she knew so many details about the south before the Civil War that I had never heard. 

It is always so interesting to me to see people who are genuinely passionate about what they do.  I find it incredibly inspiring, and it brings me hope and motivation that I will find something that makes me feel the same.

Overall, I thought her presentation was very interesting. Ms. Miller is such a kind woman and listening to her speak shed more light on to both the history of Charleston and her life in general. I didn't get to take notes during her speaking, but I can tell you that she knows her stuff!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Old Charlestonian: Susan Dunlap Adger

For my final project in my FYE we had to research an old Charlestonian that was memorialized in the churchyard of the church we researched f...